- 6 Ounce Shaker
- 28 Ounce Shaker
- Archaea Tablets; 20-Billion Clay; (24) Per Tube; (12) Per Box
- Archaea Packet; 4 ounce in a water-soluble packet; 6 per box.
- Archaea; 5 billion per gram. 25 lbs. bags.
- Archaea Boom; 6"x4"x1" model; 4 tablets; 4' Lanyard; 6 per box.
- Archaea; 20 Billion Clay; 25 lb. Bag
- Archaea; 90 Billion Clay; 25 lb. Bag
- Archaea; 90 Billion Sugar; 25 lb. Bag
- Ultra-Archaea Nutrients; 3 lbs.
- Ultra-Archaea Nutrients; 10 lbs.
- Ultra-Archaea Nutrients; 25 lbs.
Supercharging Mother Nature
What is the best way to clean up oil spills after they occur? Nature has this down to a science. Wherever there is a natural oil seepage on the earth, nature has placed oil-degrading microorganisms into that environment. Nature is able to clean up after itself, but it takes time. It’s a slow, natural healing process — nature’s own pollution control. The problem is that mankind now puts far more hydrocarbon pollution into the environment than nature can quickly remove. UltraTech has a 100% natural way of speeding up nature. By adding Ultra-Archaea to a contaminated environment, we can speed up the rate of natural degradation and help the bio-remediation process occur in days and weeks rather than months or years.
Where do they come from?
Ultra-Archaea are an archaea-based collection of over one hundred different species of microbes that are cultivated from rugged environments such as undersea vents or sites where there is volcanic activity. They are then cultivated with crude oil as the only food source. Therefore they grow on thousands of organic compounds from benzene to polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons. 100% natural. Odors are eliminated within a few hours to a day.
The result is 100% natural, hardy and fast-acting microbes that have an affinity for oil and other hydrocarbons, as well as organic waste. This specific collection of microbes (Ultra-Archaea) has not been genetically altered or engineered. These naturally occurring microbes have been on the EPA National Contingency List since its inception.
How do they work?
Ultra-Archaea will digest hydrocarbon molecules and break them down into harmless byproducts of water, carbon dioxide and lipids (a natural, soluble fatty material that is food for fish and plants). The more complex the hydrocarbon, the longer this process may take (for example, kerosene and diesel will be consumed more quickly than motor oil). This naturally occurring process is supercharged by adding these specific microbes to any oil spill or contaminated area (see list of known applications in the table below). It infuses as many as 5 billion microbes per gram into an oil spill, greasy catch basin, oil/water separator, etc. and within hours these microbes have reproduced from billions per gram to trillions. With water, oxygen and an organic food source (such as oil) these microbes will form vast colonies and digest and remediate oil on land and on water, as well as grease traps, septic tanks, storm drains and almost any other area where contaminants are present.
What happens to them when they are “done”?
After approximately ninety days or when the microbes have been deprived of water, oxygen, or a food source, the microbe colony will begin to naturally die off, allowing the indigenous microbes to return to pre-contamination levels.
How are they shipped?
The Ultra-Archaea are shipped dormant in a bentonite-clay based carrier. When the carrier dissolves in water, the microbes become activated and water may become temporarily murky due to the infusion of the clay. This is to be expected.
What else do I need to know?
Ultra-Archaea products should be stored and applied between 40°F and 120°F. Temperatures outside that range may cause the microbes to become ineffective. Ultra-Archaea should not be exposed to radiation. Ultra-Archaea should only be used in applications where the pH is between 5.5 and 9.5.
MICROBES ARE NOT JUST FOR OIL SPILLS. HERE ARE SOME OTHER KNOWN APPLICATIONS:
- Waste Water Treatment Plant — Industrial (refineries, pulp mills, chemical
plants, steel mills, textile plants)
- Waste Water Treatment Plant — Municipal (collection systems, food processing)
- Plumbing Maintenance — sinks, grease traps
- Spill Control
- Septic Tanks
- Odor Control
- Bioremediation — soil, water, stormwater
- Agriculture/Aquaculture — eliminating ammonia, stormwater
- Oily Water — oil/water separators, containment sumps,
- RV and boat black water holding tanks
- Bilges of boats
Or click here for an analytical data summary of the information.
Ultra-Archaea speed up the rate of natural degradation and help the bioremediation process occur in days and weeks rather than months or years. Ultra-Archaea will digest hydrocarbon molecules and break them down into harmless byproducts of carbon, carbon dioxide, and lipids.
- Ultra-Archaea are housed in a bentonite clay powder that provides the slightly moist environment needed for them to live.
- Two sizes of shakers available for application on smaller spills or contained areas.
- Resealable/water-proof containers keep microbes dry/dormant until they are needed.
ULTRA-ARCHAEA, WATER SOLUBLE PACKETS
- 4 oz. water soluble packets can be thrown into oil/water separators, catch basins, grease traps, and other areas to facilitate oil and grease removal.
- Small size, big results — no measuring, scooping or spreading. Simply place the entire packet into the area that needs to be cleaned. The water-soluble packet will dissolve and allow the Ultra-Archaea to spread throughout the area.
ULTRA-ARCHAEA, BULK BAGS
- Bulk bags (25 lbs.) are available for large spills, open water applications or frequent use areas.
- Keep on hand for refilling Shakers or other smaller containers or for large, unexpected spills.
- High concentration of Archaea (20 billion per gram)
- Easy to break up and flush or drain - Simple to use
- 12-pack of tubes, 24 tablets per tube
- Specially-treated polyethylene foam used in Ultra-Archaea Booms allows it to float on the water’s surface while also absorbing oil.
- Microbe tablets (6) are inserted into slits in the foam sleeves — extended water contact causes the tablets to slowly dissolve, releasing the microbes into the water.
- Booms can be dropped in, or tied off in catch basins (lanyards included), oil/ water separators or other areas where oily water can collect.
- Dimensions: 6" x 4" x 1" (152mm x 102mm x 25mm).
- Sold in 6-packs.
Enter your origin destination on the shopping cart page to apply a calculated freight rate to this product.
Need speed now? Call for a Custom Quote409-429-4834