Portable containment unit captures railcar leaks and spills
Leaky locomotives and tanker cars can wreak environmental havoc on a railroad site. For loading areas, maintenance locations and other sections where leaks and spills are frequent, a more permanent spill containment system like the Ultra-Track Pans is an excellent solution.
But for a portable spill containment / spill response solution, the Ultra-Track Berm may be just the right answer. The track berm is portable enough to be quickly and effectively moved by one person to a leak or spill and can capture up to 144 gallons.
If a larger spill occurs or greater capacity is needed, drain hoses (not included) can be connected to the camlock fittings so the spilled material is directed to a waste collection area or larger container.
- Lightweight and portable spill containment unit is easily placed under leaking/spilling railcars.
- Dual-sump design provides protection for area on either side of the rail.
- Two (2) stainless steel camlock fittings allow quick and leak-free drainage of spilled chemicals.
- Closed-cell polyethylene (LLDPE) foam provides secure sidewall structure.
- Durable 40oz. (42 mil) PVC construction withstands harsh railroad conditions and provides excellent chemical compatibility.
- The berm is made using 40 oz. (42 mil) PVC which is very durable and provides excellent chemical resistance
- While the Ultra-Track Berm is built to last with heavy-duty materials and components, it weighs in at only 24 lbs (10.9 Kg) so it can be easily transported to wherever it is needed.
- The steel connectors are camlock fittings and they are used to connect hoses to in case of a large or catastrophic spill. The hoses can be used to channel spillage to a holding tank or other containment area.
|Part #||Model||Dimensions in. (mm)||Containment Capacity gal. (L)||Weight lbs. (kg)|
|8490||40 oz. (42 Mil) PVC||72 x 48 x 12 (1828.8 x 1219.2 x 304.8)||144 (545)||24.0 (10.9)|
WARNING: Part #8490 can expose you to chemicals including Di(2-ethylhexyl) phthalate (DEHP) which is known to the state of California to cause cancer, birth defects, or reproductive harm. For more information, please visit www.P65Warnings.ca.gov
Most products ship within 1-3 business days depending on availability. If you need a product sooner than this, please call 409-429-4834 to discuss availability and shipping options.