Ultra-Trench Filter Boom®
Stop oil and other hydrocarbons from entering trench drains
There are a number of UltraTech stormwater management products for standard storm drains. A smaller number of combination drains… but still a fair amount. So when we were challenged by a customer for a solution to keep residual fuel from being washed down their trench drains, we were surprised that there wasn’t something already available.
The challenge with most trench drains is their shape… long, narrow and shallow. That combination makes typical drain solutions impractical.
With the Ultra-Trench Filter Boom, we move the filtering solution above the drain and actually treat the water before it even reaches the drain. Using Ultra-X-Tex material, hydrocarbons are quickly removed and captured from the stormwater flow, allowing only clean rainwater to flow into the trench drain.
- A simple yet effective solution to keeping oil, gas, fuel and other pollutants out of trench drains.
- Made with Ultra-X-Tex, a high performance sorbent and filtering media that is capable of absorbing an average of 13 times its own weight of liquid hydrocarbons.
- Allows large volumes of water to pass through while absorbing liquid hydrocarbons, including petroleum, animal and vegetable oils.
- The center of the Ultra-Trench Filter Boom is designed to allow rebar (not included) to be inserted - providing additional weight to keep the unit in place.
- Designed to handle any type of vehicular traffic unlike sorbent ‘socks’ which burst or deform when driven over.
Ultra-Trench Filter Boom
|Model||Dimensions in. (mm)||Absorption Capacity gal. (L)||Weight lbs. (kg)|
|Ultra-Trench Filter Boom||96 x 3 x 3 (2438.4 x 76.2 x 76.2)||3.3 (12.5)||1.6 (.7)|
Most products ship within 1-3 business days depending on availability. If you need a product sooner than this, please call 409-429-4834 to discuss availability and shipping options.